Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anokapolicia

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:52 pm

Hello Everyone! I don't won't to be writing this topic, but as a pet owner I want to prevent the Pain and Suffering my dogs, my wife and I have gone thru!
Recently my wife and I moved to Timmonsville, SC. We have heard so many people say that Diamond Dog Food is excellent food for your Dog(s.) Since Virginia didn't sell it, I decided to buy some food and get my dogs on Diamond Dog food!
Well, since I started both of my adult females passed away with the same symptoms that other dogs had from the recall! They loss their Appetite, became lythargic, start vomitting and having diarrehea, which eventually turned into them vomitting and pooping dark smelly blood! I took " Momma Mia" (1 year old)one of the local vet hospitals, and they believed she had a uteran infection, and put her on anitbiotics! She passed away 18 hours after we visited the vet...before she passed 4 of the 10 puppies passed as well! The other 6 puppies are doing extremely well! R.I.P. Momma Mia!!!!
Weds night my girl "Queen Marie (15 Months old) start showing the same signs, so first thing yesterday morning I took her to another Animal Hospital I was reffered to! All her signs looked fine, so we got her some Nausea Medication and monitored her all day long. Well she was still vomitting all day long, so we took her back for blood work. The Blod work showed that she had some problems in her liver some kind of toxin. So we got her some more shots for the nausea and monitored her all night long. MY GIRL FOUGHT ONE HELL OF A FIGHT, I MUST SAY BUT UNFORTUNATELY QUEEN MARIE PASSED AWAY AT 0755 THIS MORNING!
I love my dogs to death!!! and I sure as hell don't want anyone else to go thru what my dogs, my wife and have this ****** ass week!
Looking at the positive, my male did eat some of the Diamond food, but he puked everything up that day, he is doing well! The 6 puppies we still have are doing very well! We are keeping atleast 2 of the pups!

One last note be very careful and check your dog food against the Recall list they have out! That couple of minutes can save a lot of time and Money!

(R.I.P.) Momma Mia

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

R.I.P. My little Herd!!!

R.I.P. Lil Coop!!!

R.I.P. Queen Marie!!!

We miss you all so much!!! We know you all are in a good place! I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear about that. It is so hard to lose one but to lose so many at one time. Hope the rest of the "gang" does fine. Sending out a big hug to your whole family. And again I am so sorry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:18 am

Did you get an autopsy done or something?...How do you know it was from the food?

It sounds like it was from an infection after having the pups...I lost a dog the same exact way and from what you said, my girl had the same symptoms. The vet told me that it's just something that happens sometimes and there's no way to know that it's gonna happen.

www.cafepress.com/pitbullfamily
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pitbull-family.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:11 pm

This is so horible. what kind of diamond were you feeding. I been watching and i ahvnt seen anything about diamond on the recall. I am so sorry for your family! How awful this is. I am trying to type this as sasha licks the tears off my face. I have been monitoring my dogs through all this food recal. So far no problems, but gosh this hits close to home since I am also feeding diamond.

Your family will be in our prayers tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anokapolicia

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 pm

I appreciate the everyone's replies. Tomorrow, we take my girl Queen Marie in for an Necrotopsy. Mia was the one who had the pups, but Queen Marie my other female didn't have any puppies, and she passed w/ the same symptoms so I don't believe it was an infection. Her blood work showed a high liver count. I'm going with what I feel on this. Trust me I'm not saying anything bad about Diamond Food, all I know is when I put my Adult Dogs on it, 2 out of 3 passed away. And the one that did not pass (My male Bastian) Threw up all the diamond food he eat! I'll definitely let everyone know the outcome! Just like I said before, I'm trying to make sure other Dogs and Families don't have to suffer what we did! By the way, the rest of the pups that survived are doing very well. My wife and I have decided to keep most of them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Can you tell me which diamond you were feeding?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am

Was it a dry kibbel? Or did you give them any kind of other can foods or dog treats?

Back to top Go down
Anokapolicia

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:16 pm

We used the Diamond High Energy 24/20 it was a dry kibble, and no other treats! We just got back from Clemson University and we should know for sure from the results of the Necrotopsy by this Friday! I'll keep everyone posted...I 've got to go make creamation arrangments!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Yes please keep us posted. I am feeding large breed naturals, but still hits close. I would like to know if it was the food that caused this. Of course I am a worry wart already and I would have to read this the same day Sasha threw up twice (she has NEVER thrown up in the almost two years I have had her.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anokapolicia

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:03 am

Well we got the results back and we are really confused! Both vets we took our Girls Mia and Queen Marie to gave us wrong information! The first vet thought Mia had a uteran infection. The other vet told us that the blood work pointed to toxins in Queen Marie's liver. The State vet at Clemson University that performed the Necrotopsy declared that Queen Marie passed from Parvo Virus. Both the Vets that seen Mia and Queen Marie stated that my girls showed no sign of Parvo! Extremely confusing...We've also been told that if One dog had Parvo basically all your dogs will get Parvo. Which has not Happened. Bastian and the rest of the pups are doing extremely well! I want to apoligize If I scared anybody else with my original message. It was the only explainable thing to my wife and I after finding out the liver blood count from Queen Marie's blood work! Also I wrote the original message 10 minutes after Queen had passed, so I was extremely emotional at the time! We also fond out that Queen Marie was pregnant from Bastian, she would have had 6 puppies! Again, I'm so sorry if I scared anyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:04 pm

Sorry to hear that y'all are having so much confusion....I hope all of your other dogs make it through all of this just fine. But about the parvo thing, it is possible for one dog to die from it and his "buddy" never catch it...some dogs just have stronger immune sytems than others.

I hope y'all figure something out sooner or later...do you think that they may have gotten into something poisoness? I know y'all just moved into a new place here recently... scratch

Anokapolicia wrote:
Well we got the results back and we are really confused! Both vets we took our Girls Mia and Queen Marie to gave us wrong information! The first vet thought Mia had a uteran infection. The other vet told us that the blood work pointed to toxins in Queen Marie's liver. The State vet at Clemson University that performed the Necrotopsy declared that Queen Marie passed from Parvo Virus. Both the Vets that seen Mia and Queen Marie stated that my girls showed no sign of Parvo! Extremely confusing...We've also been told that if One dog had Parvo basically all your dogs will get Parvo. Which has not Happened. Bastian and the rest of the pups are doing extremely well! I want to apoligize If I scared anybody else with my original message. It was the only explainable thing to my wife and I after finding out the liver blood count from Queen Marie's blood work! Also I wrote the original message 10 minutes after Queen had passed, so I was extremely emotional at the time! We also fond out that Queen Marie was pregnant from Bastian, she would have had 6 puppies! Again, I'm so sorry if I scared anyone!

Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:33 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. It must be hard since you have other dogs you need to keep safe also. I hope you/vets are able to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anokapolicia

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:04 pm

Again thank you for the kind words! As far as cleaning the house, we mopped the whole house (hard wood floors that need resanded and restained) w/ Clorox and water solution! I'm not sure of what else it could be! The only thing I could think of is Mia just had 10 Pups and Queen Marie was pregnant w/ 6 pups. Maybe that weakened their immune systems! I'm not to sure! We know the result and Bastian and the rest of the puppies are going to the Vet this Weds. It'll be the pups first visit! They are getting huge! They are already the size Queen Marie was at 12 weeks old, and the Pups are 6 weeks old!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adrianne

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:15 am

geez that sucks.. i'm sorry and yes all dogs can get parvo and the stronger immune system will fight it off like a flu, but being pg or having pups sucking your nutrients out really hurts your chances Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/vegask9s
Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Now that you know this information. Not good that you have it but good to know you have it on your premisis.

You need to dissinfect everything with bleach water. To include all surfaces, interior and extirior to your home and yard, even your soil. I would get a hose attachment to do the outside of the house, yard, trees, bushes, fences, everything even the dog houses. Also you will need to get a bag of hydrated lyme and spread it about in your yard. You will need to do this a few days apart. I would dissinfect first then lyme then do the bleach again three days after that again.
I do both every quarter. Four times a year.

Why do we have to do this? because mice, rats, cats, stray dogs, squirrels and even birds can bring it in from other locations. Impossible to really keep all those out but very possible to manage the contaminats, parasites, bacteria and virus's they bring in. Vector control can be hard but it is time you give it some serious thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:04 pm

sorry for your lost i just wanted to kind of suggest a great brand of dogfood. my father had pit bulls when i was growing up he fed several different brands i dont think he ever found the right food that worked for him. im 30 yrs. old now and i have tryed many different foods and now im very happy with what i use it is (nutro foods) i show and i weight pull and we have a ace weight dog that seems to get better with age for that matter 2 wks ago he won a apa pull and most pounds per weight he is 39 lbs. and he is 7 yrs old he does very well. on my show dogs everyone i talked to at shows say what do you do to your dogs coat i tell them i feed nutro cuz most of the time i dont even get them a bath before we go. they never have skin problems and never have upset stomachs they are very health dogs you can buy at any petsmart little expenceive but you wont use as much either. i hope you find something good that came out of this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...   

Back to top Go down

Momma Mia-Lil Coop-Queen Marie-Pups...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1