Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

"My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Is what a co-worker just came to tell me. She wanted to ask if I thought she should call the police or Animal control or what? The people are "doing this in a public park!!" "there is a childrens play area not too far away" This is in West Allis, which is trying to get BSL passed.

Okay... so I think oh boy.. I ask her.. what exactly are they doing? She says... they're strapping weights on them and making them pull it in a line. This is what I do in my head ( Laughing ) I showed her a weight pulling picture she says THAT'S IT!

I had to explain to her what weight pulling is and why the people would be doing it. She asked me like 10 more times.. you sure it's not for fighting? They're not training them to fight? No no no..

But I wonder.. I guess it builds muscle, but how would weight pulling be training them to fight? Crazy to see how some peoples minds just jump to that immediately

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 pm

well the best training would be cardio or running on a mill but i guess some fighters do actually pull weight for conditioning. But mostelly its for weightpull training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 pm

uneducated, and quick to jump to conclusions. i HATE stupid people Evil or Very Mad i would bet that throughout our country the police and AC deal w/ similar situations at a staggering rate. big waste of taxdollars, some do-gooder thinking somebody is hurting a dog...why dont people mind their own business?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wmssh

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 am

i had the cops called on me last summer for dragweighting a dog, i never found out exactly what neighbor called but it is crazyness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 am

good on you for keeping your cool and educating her!
4 stars!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"   Today at 7:49 pm

Back to top Go down

"My neighbors training their pit bulls to fight"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1