I have a few questions and would like you to answer them... Honestly! The results will be used in a paper I am writing regarding the "pit bull problem" and the issue of breeding.
1. What is the goal of your breeding program?
2. Do you test your stock for inheritable genetic disorders? If so, with what registry? If not, why?
3. Have your dogs been titled in any conformation events? If so, what titles & with what registry? If not, why?
4. Do you compete in any working and/or sporting events? If so, which ones? If not, why?
5. Have any titles been earned from these events? If so, which ones? If not, why?
6. How many litters do you produce on a yearly basis?
7. Do you cull? If so, what criteria makes a cull?
8. Do you temperament test their breeding stock? If not, why?
9. What "extra" titles has your stocked earned? (CGC, TDI, etc.)
10. Do you have any policies when selling "pet quality" puppies? (For example, sell them on a S&N contract) If not, why?
11. Do you offer your males for stud? If so, what criteria must the bitch meet?