Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Calling All Texans!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiger

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Calling All Texans!!!!   Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:33 am

As you should now be aware, there is statewide movement afoot here in Texas to have the State laws that now prohibit Breed Specific Regulations repealed.

Several Dallas area cities, as wells as Madisonville, TX, (who has already enacted illegal BSL), are now intending to approach the Texas 81st Legislative Session and lobby for changes to the current Texas Dangerous Dog Law code. These cities and municipalities wish to:
a) enact BSL in their own city and
b) have the state law changed so that each city/municipality can decide, on their own, which form of BSL, (if any), they would like to enact.

As you know, BSL can single out many breeds and type of dogs. BSL can take many forms. BSL laws range from a total breed ban, (like Denver, CO), or can place stringent ownership restrictions on breeds/types of dogs. There are all sorts of “in betweens” as well with BSL – and none of them are good, or fair. Nor does BSL address the real problem that is at the heart of dangerous dog issues - irresponsible ownership.

Personally, I believe deep in my soul that BSL is wrong. I believe it is unfair. It punishes the good, responsible owners right along with the irresponsible, neglectful, criminal and bad owners. BSL punishes gentle, loving family companions right along with viscous, and dangerous dogs. And while I have great sympathy for dog attack and dog bite victims, I have no wish for anyone to tell me what breed of dog that I may own based solely upon my dogs’ physical appearance and not due to its, or my behavior!

I ask you to join with me. I need people who are actually willing to get out there and fight against BSL to join with me and hundreds of others like me. I have created a petition, a very strong, well written, thorough petition and now, I need signatures for it. My goal is high – I would like at least 100,000 signatures of Texas residents who oppose BSL in all its myriad forms to present, in person, to every single Texas congressman, senator, and even the governor.

100,000, or more signatures is, in reality, not even that difficult to reach. If 1,000 people each collected 100 signatures, there are our 100,000 signatures. What if 2,000 people each collected 100 signatures? Now we have 200,000 signatures – and so on.

We need each other to stop this insidious creeping of BSL in our state. Please, won’t you help?

Please, contact me via e-mail and I will send you the petition (MS Word) as well as the signature template (Excel). Once the signatures are collected, you return them to me and I will take them to Austin, personally – or you can even join me, and hundreds of others just like me as we peacefully march with our dogs on the Capitol building in Austin in January 2009!

Please, I implore you – help stop BSL now before we lose the opportunity to stop it.

Thank you!

~Tiger

tigerladytx@tx.rr.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiger

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Texans!!!!   Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 am

Are there NO Texans here - or is it that no one here cares to fight against BSL in Texas? Do you expect that someone else is going to do it? Or do you not care?

WAKE UP TEXANS - OUR DOGS ARE IN DANGER AND WE MUST STOP BSL NOW OR WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THEM! WE ALL HAVE TO FIGHT TOGETHER - NOW - WHILE WE STILL HAVE THE TIME AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO!

I beg you - contact me for your copy of the petition so that you can get out there and start gathering signatures now!

Thank you,

~Tiger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Texans!!!!   Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:52 am

Sorry Tiger... I'm from WI. It sounds like you're doing a great thing though. I hope you surpass your goal of 100,000 signatures.

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Texans!!!!   Today at 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Calling All Texans!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1