Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Keeping my dogs healthy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   Sun May 06, 2007 1:13 pm

I thought this was a good post to bump, just to see if anyone new had anything to say about what they feed their dogs.

Right now I'm feeding Diamond lamb and Rice, 2 cups a day for the adults (my adults are between 45-60 lbs) and 1 1/2 cups a day for my pups. I'm getting awesome results. I just switched to this about 3 weeks ago, and I've seen better coats, better weight maintance.

I was feeding Diamond High Energy, 5 cups a day to adults 3 to pups. My dogs overall look and my pocket book are both thanking me right now.

This week I'm starting the every other day raw feed. I've heard so much good about the raw that I want to add it into my dogs diet. I have already been givin eggs and yogart to the dogs for quite some time. A teaspoon a day of yogart, seems to keep pasterns up, and even if you have problems, it brings them back up. With the egg, we feed 1 egg with shell, and the coat shines awesomely.

I've tried everything from Ol' Roy to Nutro, and I just like the results of the Diamond alot better than any of the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   Sun May 06, 2007 3:45 pm

I've been thinking about adding a little raw, but I just get nervous. Like I'm going to do something wrong and make them sick. Sasha is really starting to look healthier, I am thinking I might move up to the large breed adult. Since it will still be Diamond should I mix them or because it's the same brand will their tummys be ok?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   Sun May 06, 2007 3:53 pm

lovemypits wrote:
I've been thinking about adding a little raw, but I just get nervous. Like I'm going to do something wrong and make them sick. Sasha is really starting to look healthier, I am thinking I might move up to the large breed adult. Since it will still be Diamond should I mix them or because it's the same brand will their tummys be ok?

I would still mix it together at first and make a slower switch. I wouldnt think that you'd have to go all out like you had to when you make a complete switch from Ol' Roy-Purina-Diamond. But I also would just change suddenly, I dont know... maybe over a period of a week or so maybe. I've never really thought about it to be honest lol

www.cafepress.com/pitbullfamily
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pitbull-family.com
prks

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   Wed May 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Yeah I agree with the Diamond! I do a mix of Diamond with Kibbles and Chunks then like a River Run and mix it all together! My dogs LOVE it! Also maybe try to worm them again! With Dogs playing in dirt and drinking mud puddles even licking their paws they can get a worm egg! Dogs will be Dogs! Hope This Helps! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.purpleribbonkennels
lovemygottibabies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   Thu May 24, 2007 3:56 pm

We used to feed ours nutro high energy, then we switched to canidae because nutro kept raising their prices. They have lost weight because of the food switch as well, but their coats look so much healthier! and, they dont poop as much and it dont smell as bad.

Maybe you could mix some goat milk with their food, it has a ton of protein in it, but that can get pricey as well.

This is my girl, she is an american bully, but not a typical looking one. This was in the middle of switching her from nutro to canidae.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my dogs healthy   

Back to top Go down

Keeping my dogs healthy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2