Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

It's been along time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Well my fellow family memebers, how have you all been? Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy, healthy New Year. I haven't been on in a long time as I have been going through alot of hardships. Started out for vacation the week before Christmas only to get a phone call 2 days later that 6 of my dogs were dead. Then come home to find out my husband (with whom I'm separated from) had broken into my house, not once but twice. So to make a story short, its beena rough start to the new year but hopefully all will get better. Just wanted to wish all of you a great start to the NEW YEAR !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear this. I hope things are looking up for you now. We are glad to have you back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Welcome back. How horrible.. RIP doggies.

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Sorry to hear...Not trying to be too personal, and if it is, just don't answer. But did he kill the dogs or what happened?...RIP Dogs...Sorry that you had such bad luck, BG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:09 pm

No worries not being too personal at all. I can't say either way if he did or did not harm the dogs. I left a very good friend of mine to tend to my dogs while I was gone. When I called 2 days later to check on them a total of 8 were sick and only 2 of them made it. When I got home I could not find any bodies nor would the person I left to take care of the dogs really talk to me. He was pretty much avoiding me and still is to this day. So, my gut tells me that this person was not taking care of my dogs at all and more than likely hadn't fed them the entire time I was gone and the nights that it got cold, they slowly froze to death. My dogs werea ll fine when I left, hay in the barrelss, food in the bowl, everything was good. I made sure of that before leaving. I also had another firend checking behind him and as of that Thursday morning the dogs were still fine and some how mysteriously that Thursday night 8 were sick. I've never lost a dog due to cold weather and it really bothers me not having answers as to what has happened and unfortunately I never will. This has taught me a valuable lesson, even though this person was like my best friend, I'll never trust anyone with my dogs again and what make sit so bad this person was part of our kennels when we all started in this venture together. That really hurts. So now I'm affraid to go anywhere when I have to leave my dogs behind. Needless to say, my vacation was cut short and I never made it home to see my family for the holidays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Wow how hurtful. And he doesn't even have the nerve to tell you what happened, that is really sorry. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Your story brings tears to my eyes. I can only imagine.. I came very close to this same situation myself.. thank god I was able to get home and sasha and harley are fine.. but what if. Since then I too am careful of who watches my dogs. Hold the two survivors close to you. :hug:

Site Owner
Site Owner

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Sorry for your loss.......that's why I dont go anywhere and leave someone else to tend to my dogs, I dont trust people :/

www.cafepress.com/pitbullfamily
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pitbull-family.com
sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:04 am

well affortionaltely my freiend here is a long time dogman so he takes care of my dogs whyle i am gone and if i am leaving for a long time my dogs would probally go to my good friend in arkansas.

i,m so sorry to hear about your loss i know it must hurt.

If you could could you post a memorial thread in the RIP section pics would be great to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 am

that sucks so much...Yeah, you think he'd have the courtesy to at least tell you what happened...Sorry that had to happen to you...
When my boyfriend and I went to PA to visit, we left the dogs with his son and his son's wife. We also let them stay with the house. The whole time I was so worried. I kept thinking the dogs would be gone when I got back and the house would be burnt down. Fortunately he did a very good job, but I was a wreck...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apbtproud

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Wow so sorry to hear about your loss and my deepest condolescenses to you and your family. I know how it is to lose a dog, but 6 my heart goes out to you..
I only have two dogs and I dont' want to leave them with anybody..
That is just so sad - and a dog will not die for not eating in two days, it take much longer than that.. I hope they were not poisined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.apbt.meetup.com/252
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been along time   Today at 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down

It's been along time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1